Dodgers Look to Keep Their Offense Going in Washington
Alex Wood (0-4, 3.35 ERA) Vs. Stephen Strasburg (5-3, 3.28 ERA)
Sunday’s game has arguably the best matchup of the series when Alex Wood and Stephen Strasburg square off in an early 10:35 AM start for the west coast. Wood is yet to win a game this season but that is a bad indicator of how Wood has pitched since Alex has been great in his last three starts, boasting a 1.69 ERA.
More from LA Dodgers News
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
Anthony Rendon has mashed Wood throughout his career with an average of .632 in 19 at-bats. Bryce Harper and Michael Taylor also are hitting over .400 against Wood in their careers. Wood faced the Nats once this season and allowed two runs in six innings.
Stephen Strasburg will face the Dodgers after allowing two runs in seven innings at Dodger Stadium back in April. Strasburg has won his last three starts so he will look to keep that momentum going against the Dodgers. Justin Turner has two home runs against Strasburg in only five regular-season at-bats, and Matt Kemp is hitting over .400 against Strasburg in his career. It seems Kemp has done well against every Nationals’ starter so he will look to keep the offense going along with Justin Turner.