Los Angeles Dodgers Fan Base Nominated for FanSided Fandom 250
Over the last fortnight the FandSided network has been rolling out its nominations for the Fandom
More from Dodgers Way
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Dodgers might find their next Tyler Anderson with this free agent target
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Are Giants falling off and joining Dodgers at back of Carlos Correa chase?
250. What is that exactly you ask? The fandom 250 is an annual project ranking the top 250 fan bases for every fan group within the network, from lifestyle to entertainment to of course sports. The rankings are based on a number of factors including size, interaction, longevity and the all important ‘Passion Barometer’. That means that us, the fans will finally get the chance to battle it out for top spot.
Whether its supporting Corey Seager and Justin Turner at games or engaging in colourful debate with Giants fans through social media, Dodgers fans are some of the most passionate and far reaching groups in the world.
Bound by the quest for a World Series and an admiration for Vin Scully, 2016 was a great year for the fan base as we topped ESPN’s attendance tracker leaving both the Giants and Cardinals for dead.
The final rankings will be announced on December 6th, while the nominations will continue to roll out daily in groups of 10. Our rival Giants have already received their nomination.
The passion, diversity and history of the Dodgers fan base makes it one of the very best in the world but will the judges see it that way on December 6?
You can view the nomination here:
We have another batch of FanSided Fandom 250 nominees, this time including a few iconic motor vehicle brands and six baseball teams.
Where will the Dodgers rank in the 250? Where will we rank relative to the rest of baseball? Who will rank higher the Dodgers or the Giants? Let us know in the comments below.