The Puerto Rican utility man is a swiss-army knife. He can play any position he is asked and played a lot of his reps in the outfield last month. He is a great defender and has a very strong arm which allows him to play every outfield spot. He was an extra-base machine last month. Of his 16 hits in May, 11 went for extra bases. Hernandez does not get cheated when he swings, but his
More from Dodgers Way
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Are the Dodgers really prepared to hand Shohei Ohtani a blank check?
- Dodgers fans shouldn’t dismiss interest in Dansby Swanson for this reason
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
long swing can lead to weak pop flies and lots of swings and misses.
Eibner was brought in for depth this offseason. Eibner saw limited time, even with many injuries, but he still managed to show his power. He had just four hits in May, but two of those were bombs. He has a nice power swing and is yet another player on this roster who can play all three outfield positions.
The veteran right-hander was brought in to platoon in left field. In May he played in just 16 games, but when he did play, he showed a nice presence at the plate. He put together nice at-bats time in and time out, shown by his .385 on-base percentage. But ultimately his injuries and sickness cost him playing in more games last month.