In the midst of what looks to be a crowded outfield on the playoff roster, Andre Ethier could be the one who gives Los Angeles a vibrant bright spot.
More from LA Dodgers News
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
Andre could still end up as a platoon player, but you just have to think that Dodger fans want to see him start every day until the season ends. Much like Utley or Gonzalez on this list of veterans, it is so tough to give up on this guy.
It makes sense to try and settle Ethier back into an everyday position in left field, considering the struggles of Granderson and Pederson have left many people scratching their head.
This definitely seems to be an opportunity where Dave Roberts could look like a genius for giving back the keys to roam left field; only if he is up and willing to play it through with Dre.
Like Dre, Dodgers’ veterans will have to earn their worth just as much as any player on the club. Looking into what is ahead, a handful will have to adapt to different roles; and not only accept, but harness their opportunities as they come.
Every player is itching to start this postseason and hopefully, shine on the big stage, so we will see how these veterans – among everyone else – stack up and contribute to close out the season.