Joc Pederson/Trayce Thompson
More from LA Dodgers News
- 3 teams that could lure Justin Turner away from Dodgers
- Andrew Friedman’s response to Cody Bellinger non-tender provides nothing for Dodgers fans
- Dodgers News: Aaron Judge recruitment, Cody Bellinger, Trea Turner
- Joc Pederson recruiting Aaron Judge to Giants hits Dodgers fans hard
- 3 intriguing non-tendered free agents the Dodgers could sign
These two were hard to separate because they too are in the same situation. Both struggled in 2017 but are still young, on long, cheap contracts and still have power and potential that may be intriguing for teams. But the Dodgers should not fall victim to this.
They have enough outfield depth where their departure would not matter if we are completely honest. The Dodgers can do much better than them in left field so these two would be better for other teams.
Trayce may be harder to move because of his struggles with health and production, but these are the exact reasons why he is expendable. Joc was in the same boat but had a breakout World Series, which should help his stock a little bit.
Either or both could be part of a big and robust trade package for a superior player. It should not be like a few years ago when Joc Pederson was viewed as an untouchable. He is far from that now, and his role with the Dodgers is unclear at the moment.
So as it stands right now, Joc Pederson and Trayce Thompson are easily the most expendable players the Dodgers have, and LA should capitalize on that.