The MLB trade deadline is ticking as the Dodgers now have just over 24 hours to make any non-waiver trade additions. The Dodgers are seeking a bullpen upgrade but a starting pitcher cannot be ruled out.
Andrew Friedman and Farhan Zaidi now have a little over twenty-four hours left to make any additions to the Dodgers roster. The Dodgers are currently hanging in first place by a thread with the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies both within a game of first place. The case can be made for the Dodgers to stand pat with their current roster but a bullpen upgrade would be welcomed.
Here are the latest rumors surrounding the Dodgers with a day left until the trade deadline:
The Dodgers are among the most serious contenders
to acquire Texas Rangers closer Keone Kela. The Braves acquired Brad Brach yesterday so that may impact their pursuit of Kela. Keone Kela is a hard throwing right-hander who averages
miles per hour on his fastball. Kela shuts down righties hold them to a .125 batting average but lefties do hit .321 against Kela. Kela has two more years of control left before he becomes a free agent.
More from LA Dodgers News
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
- If the Dodgers do indeed make a trade before the deadline there’s a 90% chance the trade is for a reliever. Besides Keone Kela the Dodgers have also been linked to Rangers’ relievers Jake Diekman and Jose Leclerc. At various points over the last month the Dodgers have also been linked to the trio of Marlins relievers in Kyle Barraclough, Adam Conley, and Drew Steckenrider.