Dodgers: Best Players of July, Dodgers Way Awards
There is no doubt that July’s improved statistics across the board for the Dodgers was a team effort. Chris Taylor, Enrique Hernandez, and numerous pitchers all had a big hand in the success but there was nobody better than catcher, Yasmani Grandal in July.
Grandal came out smoking and never slowed down for the Dodgers in a month that saw him hit .364 with six of the team’s 33 homers of July.
More from Dodgers Way
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Are Giants falling off and joining Dodgers at back of Carlos Correa chase?
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
- Don’t hold your breath on Dodgers making Justin Turner decision soon
- Recapping who Dodgers gained and lost in Rule 5 Draft
His .488 on-base percentage and .727 slugging percentage were tops in all of baseball and the two combined for an unreal 1.215 OPS. His league-leading numbers did not stop there. Grandal also had a BABip of .409.
Grandal’s hot month did not stop on the 31st of July either. On the first day of August, Grandal smoked two home runs, one of which was a no-doubt walk off in the tenth inning of the August first game against the Brewers.
Grandal easily wins MVP for the Dodgers in July and if he can keep his pace going in August, there is no reason to believe he won’t be recognized at the league level.