Dodgers: The Best Waiver Trade Deadline Targets
Iglesias is the closer for the Cincinnati Reds. He has electric stuff and could be that 8th inning guy that the Dodgers have been looking for. Not just the 8th inning he could fill the role that Morrow had which is the highest leverage situation.
More from Dodgers Way
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Are the Dodgers really prepared to hand Shohei Ohtani a blank check?
- Dodgers fans shouldn’t dismiss interest in Dansby Swanson for this reason
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
That is something that the Dodgers have been searching for all year long. Somebody would step up in that role for maybe 3-4 appearances and then fizz out. Nobody has gone out and claimed the high leverage job. Iglesias could also close if need be.
With Jansen out, for now, the Dodgers do not have a legitimate closer and it has shown with the debacles at the end of games recently. Iglesias could help ease the ship as the closer and give Kenley all of the time he needs to recover rather than rushing him back and risking an even bigger problem.
Iglesias would also be a fall back plan if Jansen is unable to return for the remainder of the season. Outside of that, Iglesias is also under control until 2021. Meaning Iglesias and Kenley could form a dynamic 1-2 punch for years to come at the end of that bullpen.