The Dodgers’ offseason is quickly turning into the hot stove with the latest news that the Giants could offer Farhan Zaidi a significant role in their organization.
The Dodgers offseason came quickly and now we are quickly transitioning into the hot stove as news broke yesterday that the Giants could offer Farhan Zaidi their President of Baseball Operations role. While it has not yet been confirmed that Zaidi has interviewed for the role, the Dodgers would have to grant Farhan permission to conduct an interview.
The part that makes the news interesting is that the Dodgers could decline the Giants request to interview and hire Farhan since he still has one more year left on his current contract. Given that the role would be a promotion for Zaidi, the Dodgers would likely let Farhan move on but due to the rivalry between the two teams that further clouds any decision.
Would the Dodgers let their GM head up north to take over the Giants with all the information he has on the Dodgers’ organization? This will be a story to watch as the week progresses.
More from LA Dodgers News
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
- Walker Buehler was named one of three finalists for the 2018 National League Rookie of the Year award. While Buehler had a stellar rookie year posting a 2.62 ERA, the competition is stiff this year and the voters always seem to favor position players over pitchers. The fact that Buehler missed time due to his rib injury will also hurt his chances. Ronald Acuña should be seen as the favorite to win the award.
- The Dodgers lost third base coach Chris Woodward as he was officially introduced as the new Manager of the Texas Rangers yesterday. Woodward received high praise from the Dodgers’ front office for the way that he worked with the club’s middle infielders. The Dodgers search for a new third base coach and infield instructor is likely well underway.
- The General Manager meetings are underway this week in Carlsbad, CA. This is not to be mistaken with the winter meetings that happen in Las Vegas next month and is where most of the hot stove action is going to go down. The GM meetings in November tend to be a discussion of any rule changes and teams lay their groundwork for the rest of the offseason. It is not rare for a trade to happen during the November meetings, however.
- In addition to finding a new third base coach, the Dodgers are going to sign Dave Roberts to an extension in the near future. At the end of the season press conference, Farhan Zaidi said an extension for Roberts was likely coming in the next couple of weeks. The Dodgers have until the end of Wednesday to exercise Roberts’ 2019 option.