Dodgers Way Quick Hits: Relief Pitching, Free Agents, Trades
The Dodgers have been linked to Corey Kluber and JT Realmuto in trade talks but, solely from an observant perspective, it seems like trade talks have slowed down significantly.
More from Dodgers Way
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Are the Dodgers really prepared to hand Shohei Ohtani a blank check?
- Dodgers fans shouldn’t dismiss interest in Dansby Swanson for this reason
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
Both players would carry heavy price tags and that was expected but, with Harper’s market picking up significantly, The Dodgers may want to check back in with these two rumors to continue to fill out the roster.
In my own personal opinion, the Dodgers should avoid Realmuto entirely and focus their attention on a deal for Corey Kluber or another front of the rotation caliber player. I wrote about that and you can read the full story here.
But, to make a long story short, the price for Realmuto is incredibly high. The Marlins are asking for Cody Bellinger and even if they forget that fantasy and go for something more realistic, the price will still be too high.
For that reason and many more, I proposed that the Dodgers abandon the Realmuto talks completely and use those same prospects to get Corey Kluber who is, at the end of the day, a more valuable player.
Check out the piece.
The Dodgers should get picked up in some rumors as spring training gets closer. They would not have traded Yasiel Puig if they had no plans for the rest of winter. Stay patient and stay tuned.