The Dodgers roster is quickly returning to full strength. Here are the roster moves happening to and around the Dodgers major league roster from April 10 through Monday, April 15.
Wednesday, April 10:
The Dodgers lost two players in the Rule 5 draft this past offseason. Drew Jackson was picked by the Baltimore Orioles and the Giants selected minor league utility player Connor Joe. Both players were returned to the Dodgers and removed from their Rule 5 rosters.
was returned to LA on Wednesday and sent to Triple-A OKC.
More from Dodgers Way
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Dodgers might find their next Tyler Anderson with this free agent target
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Are Giants falling off and joining Dodgers at back of Carlos Correa chase?
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
Thursday, April 11:
- The Dodgers went to their Triple-A pitching depth for the second time this season recalling Jaime Schultz. Schultz was acquired in a trade with the Rays this last January in exchange for lower-level Dodger prospect Caleb Sampsen. Schultz quickly proved his worth in the majors with the Dodgers over the last few days, pitching in three games and giving up no runs in those appearances.
Friday, April 12:
- The Dodgers did not make any transactions on Friday.
Saturday, April 13:
- He was referenced earlier in the report but Rule 5 draft pick Connor Joe was returned to the Dodgers after being designated for assignment by the Giants. Joe collected just one hit in his 15 big league appearances and played first base, third base and right field. Joe was sent to Triple-A where he will join Jackson. In his four year career, Joe has hit .264 with 28 home runs, 17 of which were hit last season.
Sunday, April 14:
- Dennis Santana was sent back to Triple-A OKC after appearing in three games with the big league squad. In his three appearances, Santana pitched 5.0 innings with an ERA of 7.20. With him being sent to the minor leagues, the Dodgers recalled Josh Sborz from Triple-A. Sborz has been lights out with the OKC Dodgers in 2019 striking out nine batters in four scoreless innings. Sborz was recognized as one of the Dodgers’ minor league top performers in this article.
Monday, April 15:
- The Dodger reinstated their ace on Monday, adding Clayton Kershaw back onto the roster and optioning Jaime Schultz to Triple-A. Kershaw’s long-awaited return offers the team a huge boost and allows Julio Urias to move back to the bullpen. Kershaw is set to make Monday’s start against the Reds where he will find himself pitching against five of his former teammates in Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp, Jose Peraza, Kyle Farmer and Scott Schebler. That game starts at 7:10 p.m. PST.