Joc Pederson is traded away
This could be the off-season that a popular Dodger such as Corey Seager or Joc Pederson get traded away and I predict it will be Joc Pederson. For one, Pederson is going to be a free agent after the conclusion of the 2020 season so trading him away now gives the Dodgers something in return in addition to shedding more payroll.
More from LA Dodgers News
- Kevin Kiermaier being ‘top target’ to replace Cody Bellinger is bad sign for Dodgers
- Giants laughably sign pitcher that Dodgers absolutely own
- Dave Roberts’ quote about Padres in NLDS should motivate Dodgers
- Former Astro seemingly takes uncalled for shot at Cody Bellinger after Cubs deal
- Dodgers’ 2023 lineup without Trea Turner isn’t as impressive as it should be
Joc is projected to make around $8.5 million dollars next season and the Dodgers have too many outfielders so moving him makes sense. A.J. Pollock should be given every opportunity to rebound in 2020 and Alex Verdugo needs to be an everyday player. Then there is NL MVP Cody Bellinger who will obviously start as many games as possible in the outfield.
Pederson is too expensive to be a fourth outfielder especially since the Dodgers have Chris Taylor and Enrique Hernandez who are capable of playing every outfield position. DJ Peters is also ready for the big leagues and could play his way into a bench role once Joc is traded away. Kyle Garlick and Edwin Rios also showed their power potential in 2019.
This will be a very big off-season for the Dodgers coming off an early exit in the 2020 postseason. Dodger fans are restless and more demanding of a World Series title than ever before. The team appeared on the doorstep to a title in 2017 but has regressed in the previous two seasons since then. Hopefully, they have a few big tricks up their sleeve to make the team even better in 2020.